Summary of Role
We are looking for an accomplished professional and exceptional problem-solver to help address our client’s cloud security needs. As a cloud security specialist, you will collaborate with cloud developers and engineers who build and support cloud solutions to advance our client’s business objectives on daily basis. Additionally, you will have a good level of expertise in multiple information security domain areas such as threat and vulnerability management, identity and access management, application security and security engineering. This is an interesting role where this subject matter expert will champion the information security agenda, develop cloud security requirements, and lead the implementation of cloud security controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually assess organizational cloud environments with a view to identify and promptly remediate critical security flaws.
- Work closely with cloud developers and engineers to ensure that cloud infrastructure designs and implementations are done in line with best practices for cloud security.
- Identify cloud-native security features that can be quickly leveraged to enhance organizational cyber defense posture
- Assist with the development and implementation of cloud security strategy
- Develop cloud security policy and its associated standards, processes, and operating procedures
- Work with team members to ensure effective delivery of business-focused information security services that have a dependency on cloud-based resources
- Undertake solution assessments and proof-of-concept testing for cloud security solutions being considered for acquisition and deployment
- Maintain situational awareness of regulatory and cyber threat landscapes to limit the likelihood of adverse cyber-related events occurring
- Work with SCM and Procurement to ensure that appropriate cyber security due diligence is consistently carried out for prospective and existing cloud service providers
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Collaborates and has influence across the company.
- When addressing work challenges, finds common ground and resolution among a diversity of views.
- Actively provides feedback to enhance work group performance.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Seeks to understand current service delivery challenges, suggesting new and improved methods.
- Assures that functional output is developed and delivered to meet customer and business requirements.
- Generates innovative solutions to process, product, or methodological inefficiencies.
- Provides consistently high-quality support and technical work on multiple projects.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience securing workloads and data in the cloud
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of different cloud architecture models, hosting, shared responsibility matrix and deployment models
- Experienced with containerized technologies will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or a related field is desirable
- One or more relevant professional cloud security certifications such as CCSK, AWS Cloud Security or CCSP is required
- Experience leading digital transformation initiatives from an information security standpoint is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Must be able to automate the provisioning and deployment of cloud security controls where needed
Share Job Listing